ECT was contracted to provide our patented Power Augmentation System on five (5) Frame 7E’s in Houston. The target was 2% of incoming air mass yielding an output improvement of approximately 14%. The total output was 9 megawatts on average per machine for a plant improvement totaling almost 45 megawatts.
The ECT equipment provided included:
- Proprietary injection manifolds for each engine with a removable nozzle tip;
- Customized control panel with a visual display showing each device status;
- Skid mounted touchpad screen for pump and skid output management;
- VFD’s for each pump motor assembly to control the skid and associated operation set points;
- Interface with the plant’s DCS system to mirror the skid display.
Based on a projected usage of only 3 hours daily or 20 hours per week per gas turbine, the equipment payment is roughly 10 weeks with a total project payback under 26 weeks. This shows the viability of ECT’s Power Augmentation System for any and all gas turbine operators.
The ECT offering also included the industry’s leading warranty for inlet conditioning technology. The startup inspection was provided by Advanced Turbine Support and was performed similar to TIL’s described by the OEM. ECT included two (2) years limited warranty on the inlet stages for the compressor.
Customers should contact their local ECT Representative for details.